Your website is often the first impression potential customers have of your company. It is therefore critical to ensure that your site is regularly updated and accurately represents your brand.
A website redesign is an excellent opportunity to do so. However, simply changing the look of your site is not enough; you must also take the time to update your content. Outdated content can give visitors a negative impression of your company and harm your search engine ranking.
By rewriting your content, you can ensure that it’s fresh, relevant, and engaging. So if you’re planning a website redesign, make sure to take the time to update your content as well. It could make all the difference.
Why Content Rewriting Is Necessary During Website Redesign
When you’re redesigning your website, it can be tempting to simply copy and paste your old content into the new design. However, this is a huge mistake! Your website’s content is one of its most important features, so it’s essential that you take the time to rewrite it for your new site. Here are just a few of the reasons why:
- Fresh content is key. When it comes to ranking high in search engines, freshness matters. That’s why it’s important to update your content regularly. If you’re redesigning your website, then that’s the perfect opportunity to give your content a refresh. Updating your content will not only help improve your search engine rankings but will also give visitors a reason to come back to your site.
- Your old content might not work with your new design. As your website’s design evolves, the way your content is presented will need to change to match. Rewriting your content will help you ensure that it fits well with your new design.
- You could have more or fewer pages. As you revise your website’s structure, you may find that you need new content or that some of your existing content is no longer needed. Rewriting will help you create the right amount and type of content for your new site.
- Improved user experience. Your website’s content should be clear, concise, and easy to read. If it’s not, then you’re going to lose visitors quickly. When you redesign your website, take the opportunity to improve the user experience by rewriting your content. Make sure that it flows well and is easy to understand. This will keep visitors on your site longer, which can lead to more sales and conversions.
- It shows your visitors that you’re keeping up with the times. If your website content looks dated, it will reflect poorly on your business. By taking the time to update it for your new site, you’ll show your visitors that you’re keeping up with the latest trends.
- A redesign is an excellent time to reconsider and rediscover your top keywords. If you’re worried about search engine optimisation (SEO), don’t be—rewriting gives you an opportunity to update your keywords and metadata to reflect any changes in how users are searching for information on your topic. So, if you’re planning a website redesign, don’t forget to give some thought to rewriting your content as well!
- More engaging content. If you want people to stick around on your website and take action (such as buying a product or signing up for a newsletter), then you need to have engaging content. A redesign is a perfect time to make sure that all of your content is engaging and persuasive. Take a look at each piece of content and ask yourself if it’s truly worth reading. If not, then rewrite it so that it is.
- It can improve your conversion rates. The goal of any website is to convert visitors into customers or clients. If your current website content isn’t doing that, rewriting it could be the answer. By creating compelling, persuasive content, you can encourage more people to take the next step with your business – whether that’s subscribing to your newsletter, downloading a white paper, or making a purchase.
If you’re planning a website redesign, don’t forget about the importance of quality content. At Star Digital Marketing, we offer expert content writing services that will help improve your website’s search engine ranking and overall visibility. Contact us today to learn more about our content writing services.