As a business owner, you know that social media is a powerful tool to reach new customers and grow your brand. But what you may not realise is that video is one of the most effective types of content you can use on social media. In fact, social media users are far more likely to watch a video than read a post or article. And when they do watch a video, they’re more likely to remember it and share it with others.
According to a recent study, over 70% of consumers say they would rather watch a video than read a text-based post. Moreover, video posts are more likely to be shared than any other type of post. Given the growing popularity of video, it’s no surprise that businesses are turning to social media videos to improve their marketing results.
So what makes video such an effective marketing tool? For one thing, it’s highly engaging. People are hardwired to respond to moving images, and videos are designed to catch our attention and hold it.
In addition, video is a great way to tell a story. You can use it to introduce your company, highlight your products or services, or even just share a behind-the-scenes look at your business. And because people are so used to watching videos online, they’re more likely to watch one that’s been shared by someone they know than one they see in an ad.
Tips for Starting Your Social Media Video Marketing
If you’re not using video on social media, you’re missing out on a huge opportunity to reach and engage potential customers. But how do you get started? Here are a few tips:
- Come up with a strategy. What kind of videos do you want to create? Who is your target audience? What do you want them to take away from your videos? Once you have a clear idea of your goals, you can start planning your content.
- Invest in quality production value. People are more likely to watch and share a video that looks professional. That doesn’t mean you need to hire a fancy production company, but you should make sure your videos are well-lit and clear. Consider investing in some basic video equipment like a good microphone and camera.
- Select the appropriate channels. Not all social media sites are created equal, and some will be more effective than others for reaching your target audience. For example, if you’re targeting millennials, YouTube and Snapchat are likely to be better than LinkedIn. Do your research before you commit to any one platform.
- Schedule your post in advance. Schedule posts in advance so you don’t have to scramble to create a video every time you want to post something.
- Promote your videos! More than just sharing them on your social media channels is required. You need to let people know they exist and why they should watch them. Use creative titles and descriptions, and consider running paid advertising campaigns for your videos.
With a little effort, you can quickly turn your social media video strategy into a powerful marketing tool.
Things to Consider When Making the Perfect Social Media Video Marketing Strategy
Creating social media videos can be a great way to connect with potential customers and promote your business. However, it’s important to keep a few things in mind when developing your video marketing approach.
- Show don’t tell. Rather than simply telling your audience about your product or service, show them what it can do. Use creative visuals and demonstrations to really bring your message to life. This will help people understand the value of what you’re offering and make them more likely to want to try it out for themselves.
- Keep it short and sweet. Remember that social media is a fast-paced environment. People are always scrolling through their feeds, looking for something interesting to stop and watch. If your videos are too long, they’re likely to lose interest and move on. Keep your videos short and sweet – around 1-2 minutes is ideal.
- Hook them in the first 5 seconds. The first few seconds of your video are crucial in hooking your viewer and keeping them engaged for the rest of the video. So make sure you have a strong opening that will grab their attention and keep them watching.
- Be genuine. Viewers can spot a fake from a mile away, so make sure your video is authentic and genuine. Be relatable, down-to-earth, and transparent to gain your viewer’s trust.
- Highlight the benefits. It’s not enough to simply tell people what your product or service does – you need to highlight the benefits as well. What problems does it solve? How will it make their lives easier? Answering these questions will help convince people that they need what you’re offering in their lives.
- Create shoppable videos. If you’re selling products or services, consider creating shoppable videos that allow viewers to purchase directly from the video. This can be a great way to increase conversions and sales.
- Optimise for search engines. Just like with any other type of content, it’s important to optimise your videos for search engines. This means including keywords and phrases in your title and description that will help people find your video when they are searching online.
- Include videos of client testimonials. Nothing is more powerful than a satisfied customer singing your praises. Feature testimonial videos prominently on your social media channels and website to build trust with potential customers.
- Be mindful of your branding. Your videos should be an extension of your brand. Make sure they reflect your company’s values and mission. Use consistent colours, fonts, and imagery throughout all of your videos to create a cohesive look.
- Have a good time with it. Remember to have fun with your social media video marketing approach. If you’re enjoying yourself, it will show through in your videos and viewers will respond positively to that energy.
It’s no surprise that people enjoy watching videos that are relevant to their interests. After all, who wants to waste time watching something that doesn’t hold their attention?
Luckily, there are now many social video marketing companies that can help you centre your video strategy around giving your potential customers the content they want to see. These companies can provide you with the insights and tools you need to create videos that will resonate with your target audience, helping you to reach your business goals.
Create Your Social Media Video Marketing With The Help From Experts
With Star Digital Marketing, you’ll be able to create a social media marketing video strategy that will get results. This approach combines the power of video with the effectiveness of social media marketing, resulting in a plan that will help you achieve your desired results.
We understand that in today’s digital age, it’s more important than ever to have a strong online presence. And one of the best ways to do that is through video marketing. We’ll work with you to develop a social media marketing strategy that includes video, and we’ll help you create compelling videos that tell your brand’s story and connect with your customers on a deeper level.
Whether you’re looking to increase brand awareness, drive traffic to your website, or boost sales, our team of experts can help you achieve your goals. Contact us today to learn more about our social media marketing video strategy and how we can help take your business to the next level.