In order to create an engaging and effective landing page, businesses need to consider many different factors. The layout, design, and copy all play a crucial role in conversion rates. In recent years, another element that has been gaining popularity is the use of video testimonials. Adding a video testimonial to a landing page can have a number of benefits.
Video testimonials are a type of customer review that can be used to promote products or services. Unlike written testimonials, which can be easily faked, video testimonials provide an authentic and reliable way for potential customers to see how others have benefited from a company’s offerings. In addition, video testimonials can be more engaging than written reviews, since they offer a face-to-face account of customers’ experiences.
Videos also allow businesses to showcase their products and services in a creative and engaging way. According to the 2018 State of Social Video Marketer Trends report, 73% of consumers say that a brand’s social media presence influenced their decision to purchase. Just this number demonstrates how popular videos are becoming over time.
Another study by HubSpot shows that 54% of consumers want to see more video content from the companies and brands they like. Video is an extremely effective medium for conveying messages, and it is also extremely shareable. A video is much more likely to be shared on social media than other types of content.
For these reasons, businesses should consider using video testimonials as part of their marketing strategy.
The Advantages of Including Video Testimonials on Landing Pages
Video testimonials are a powerful tool that can help convince prospects to convert to a landing page. When used effectively, they can add an extra layer of authenticity and trustworthiness to a company’s message. Here are some key benefits of using video testimonials on landing pages:
- They add a human element: Video testimonials allow prospects to see and hear real people talking about their experiences with a product or service. This can be especially persuasive for decision-makers who want to get a sense of how others in their industry have used the product or service.
- They build trust: Prospects are more likely to believe what they see and hear in a video testimonial than they are to believe textual testimonials or even reviews on third-party websites. This is because video testimonials offer direct, first-hand accounts of the positive experiences customers have had.
- They create social proof: Video testimonials can help create social proof, which is the idea that if others are using a product or service, it must be good. This is especially important for new products or services that prospects may be hesitant to try. Seeing others talk about how the product or service has helped them can give prospects the confidence they need to convert.
- They’re easy to use: Adding video testimonials to your landing page is easy with most modern website platforms. You can simply embed the video file into your page and it will play automatically when visitors arrive on the page.
- They have the potential to increase conversion rates. A video testimonial can help you increase conversion rates on your landing page. One study found that including video on a landing page can boost conversion rates by more than 80%. You can give your visitors a more engaging experience and keep them on your landing page for longer by including videos.
- Using video testimonials is great for SEO. Search engines give preference to websites that use videos because they understand that videos are valuable content that people are looking for. By including a video testimonial on your landing page, you’re more likely to rank higher in search engine results pages, which means more people will see your website.
How to Optimise Testimonial Videos for Your Landing Pages
Not all video testimonials are created equal. In order to be truly effective, they need to be well-executed and tailored for your specific landing page. Here are a few tips to help you get the most out of your video testimonials:
- Keep them short and sweet. Viewers typically have a short attention span, so it’s important to keep your video testimonials concise. Aim for 1-2 minutes in length.
- Make them relevant. When choosing which testimonials to include on your landing page, make sure they’re relevant to the products or services you’re selling. Irrelevant testimonials will just confuse your visitors and could end up hurting your conversion rate.
- Highlight specific benefits. Rather than generalise about how great your product or service is, focus on specific benefits that will resonate with your target audience. What problems does it solve? How will it make their lives easier?
- Use strong visuals. A well-produced testimonial video will feature high-quality visuals that help bring the customer’s story to life. This could include shots of them using your product or service, as well as close-ups of their facial expressions as they deliver their testimony.
- Make sure that the videos are prominently featured on your landing page. Don’t hide them away; put them front and centre where they’ll get the most attention.
- Add calls to action throughout the video. At the end of your testimonial videos, make sure to include a call to action (CTA) telling viewers what they should do next, such as visiting your website or subscribing to your email list.
- Seek assistance from experts. A video testimonial service can help you create a landing page that meets all of the industry’s best practices for conversion optimisation. A good digital marketing agency will have a team of experts who are experienced in designing high-converting landing pages. They will work with you to create a custom landing page that is relevant to your specific products or services.
Do you need expert assistance in optimising your landing page?
Here at Star Digital Marketing, we’re experts at optimising testimonial videos for maximum impact. We can help you choose the right video testimonials strategy for your business, and then enhance your videos for maximum impact.
Video testimonials are a powerful marketing tool, but only if they are done right. Our experts can help you ensure that your videos make the right impression on your target audience, and help you achieve your desired results.
We understand that every business is different, and we will tailor our services to meet your specific needs. We will work with you to create a customised landing page optimization plan that fits your budget and meets your goals.
Don’t underestimate the power of customer testimonials – contact us today to learn more about how we can help you make the most of this powerful marketing tool.